Re: edebug specs for cl-loop

From: Thierry Volpiatto
Subject: Re: edebug specs for cl-loop
Date: Tue, 07 Aug 2012 08:55:53 +0200

Thierry Volpiatto <address@hidden> writes:

>> If you could describe the cases where the current spec doesn't work, and
>> the cases where the complex spec works better as well as where it fails
>> (and whether the current spec also fails for those), that would be
>> very helpful.
> Ok I will try to collect some examples where it work and not (most work
> actually).
This is with your edebug-specs that are commented in cl-macs loaded.

Here an example that loop understand but not edebug:

loop and edebug understand this:

        for alphaindex = (random* (length alph))
        for rand2 = (aref alph alphaindex)
        collect rand1 into ls
        collect rand2 into ls

loop understand this but not edebug: (Note where the for rand2 line is now)

        for alphaindex = (random* (length alph))
        collect rand1 into ls
        for rand2 = (aref alph alphaindex)
        collect rand2 into ls

The both do the same.

Another one:

loop and edebug understand this:

          with len = (length (window-list))
          for count from 1
          for w1 = (iter-next wlist)
          for b1 = (window-buffer w1)
          for s1 = (window-start w1)
          for w2 = (iter-next wlist)
          for b2 = (window-buffer w2)
          for s2 = (window-start w2)
          while (< count len)

loop understand this but not edebug: (note where the while line is now)

          with len = (length (window-list))
          for count from 1
          while (< count len)
          for w1 = (iter-next wlist)