Re: Does CEDET work?

From: Tom Tromey
Subject: Re: Does CEDET work?
Date: Wed, 18 Apr 2012 19:35:12 -0600

Jordi> Indeed, I keep hearing of the person in [4]. Does CEDET work?

Yeah, it does.

Simplest way to try it, no configuring required:

1. Open a random .c file
2. M-x semantic-mode
3. 'C-c , j' then type the name of a symbol

The way this is better than imenu is that if you have opened multiple .c
files from the name directory, you can jump between tags in any of them.

It has other features too.

Ultimately for me it had some issue that caused me to turn it off.
I think it caused unpredictable pauses while I was editing.

Still, it is cool and I am looking forward to when the rough edges are
polished off.

Tom