Re: Ispell and unibyte characters

From: Agustin Martin
Subject: Re: Ispell and unibyte characters
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2012 16:36:57 +0200

On Tue, Apr 10, 2012 at 10:11:38PM +0300, Eli Zaretskii wrote:
> > Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2012 21:08:03 +0200
> > From: Agustin Martin <address@hidden>
> >
> > For the records, I am attaching what I am currently trying, post-processing
> > global dictionary list while leaving local definitions at ~/.emacs
> > unmodified. This should also deal with [#11200: ispell.el sets incorrect
> > encoding for the default dictionary]. I would like to test this a bit more
> > and commit if there are no problems.
>
> Thanks, looks good to me.

Just some info, this is taking longer than expected,

I am still dealing with an open issue here. Some languages have non 7bit
wordchars, like Catalan middledot, and it should be converted to UTF-8 if
default communication language is changed to UTF-8.

I have looked at the encoding stuff and I am currently trying something
like

(if ispell-encoding8-command
    ;; Convert non 7bit otherchars to utf-8 if needed
    (encode-coding-string
     (decode-coding-string (nth 3 adict) (nth 7 adict))
     'utf-8)
  (nth 3 adict)) ; otherchars

to get new UTF-8 string where

(nth 7 adict) -> dict-coding-system
(nth 3 adict) -> Original otherchars

but get a sgml-lexical-context error. Need to look more carefuly, so this
will take longer. I am far from expert in handling encodings, so comments
are welcome.

--
Agustin