Re: Release branch plans

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Release branch plans
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2012 20:19:21 +0300

> From: Stefan Monnier <address@hidden>
> Cc: Andreas Schwab <address@hidden>, address@hidden, address@hidden
> Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2012 15:13:50 -0400

> >> That's not cherry-picking, it adds additional changes as part of the
> >> merge.  This is an evil merge.
> > I agree.
>
> I have no idea what you guys are talking about.

Yes, you do, at least what _I_ am talking about.  I explained this at
least twice in the past: the history is all messed up on the trunk as
result of this.  You disagree with this being a problem, but I submit
that this is akin to saying that the history is not important.

Maybe we should take a step back and ask ourselves why do we need to
merge from the stable branch to the trunk at all?  Sure, it's a
natural thing to do, but the way we do it, IMO the cure is so bad that
we should be talking about the disease more than we do.