Re: Slow fontification in C mode buffers

From: Geoff Gole
Subject: Re: Slow fontification in C mode buffers
Date: Thu, 22 Dec 2011 02:32:08 +0800

> How fast/slow is this scrolling on your hardware/software?

If I start an emacs -q, open the header in question, M->, M-v, emacs
takes a bit more than 2 minutes to respond. Scrolling in the fontified
area is smooth after this initial work. I see similar timings for
emacs -q -nw.

After M-x font-lock-mode scrolling is essentially instantaneous in
both those configurations.

I suspect hardware doesn't have much to do with this issue, but for
what it's worth I'm running on a core 2 duo.

> FWIW, it's not particularly slow on my 6.5-year old hardware. Much
faster than the previous data point.

Interesting. What version of emacs and cc-mode are you using?