Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Sat, 17 Dec 2011 10:46:31 +0100

17 dec 2011 kl. 09:32 skrev Eli Zaretskii:

> Now, this part of the backtrace:
>
>  #4  0x00285202 in Fx_own_selection_internal (selection_name=27744162,
>  selection_value=39954401) at nsselect.m:425
>         ev = {
>           kind = SELECTION_REQUEST_EVENT,
>           code = 0,
>           part = 1771886,
>           modifiers = 0,
>           x = 0,
>           y = -1396380776,
>           timestamp = 1,
>           padding = {0x4, 0x1a6ba22},
>           frame_or_window = 27783754,
>           arg = 27703842
>         }
>         pb = (id) 0x0
>
> indicates that pb comes out as NULL and gets put into ev.x as zero.
> So the question is: what is selection_name, whose value is 27744162,
> and which caused symbol_to_nsstring to return NULL?

My guess is that symbol_to_nsstring does not return NULL, but
NSPasteboard pasteboardWithName: does.

NSPasteboard knows only of a few specific pasteboards ("General", "Selection",
"Secondary", etc.) so if isn't one of those, it returns NULL.
I think selection_name is a symbol, but not the ones the NS-port map to
pasteboard names, i.e. not one of PRIMARY, SECONDARY or CLIPBOARD.

It would be great to find out what it is though.

        Jan D.