Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)

From: Carsten Mattner
Subject: Re: C-g crash in C-x C-f (OSX Lion)
Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 22:22:24 +0100

On Thu, Dec 15, 2011 at 9:47 PM, Eli Zaretskii <address@hidden> wrote:
>> Date: Thu, 15 Dec 2011 21:42:05 +0100
>> From: Carsten Mattner <address@hidden>
>> Cc: address@hidden, address@hidden
>>
>> What gdb commands are you interested in me running and
>> saving the output of for posting to the list?
>
> "bt full", for starters.

Yeah, was thinking to get the call stack.
Let's see if I can reproduce it.

> Also, it sounds like you were in recursive edit when Emacs crashed,
> can you describe how you entered the recursive edit?  Your description
> of the circumstances under which the crash happens doesn't seem to
> account for recursive edit.

I had the mini buffer for C-x C-f open, switched to another application,
did maybe some dir browse with tab completion (no Ido).
Then at some point I decided to cancel with C-g and it seemed to get into
a loop until it crashed. It displayed OSX's multi-colored animated swirl
icon or however it's called these days.