Re: Gnus version

From: Jambunathan K
Subject: Re: Gnus version
Date: Wed, 07 Dec 2011 13:30:36 +0530

Katsumi Yamaoka <address@hidden> writes:

> "Stephen J. Turnbull" <address@hidden> wrote:
>> You're welcome.  I now favor the "Ma Gnus" suggestion though, as the
>> triple pun (Ma Gnus == True Gnus == wizard == Lars) is irresistible.
>
> I like 真 Gnus.  Though not a few Japanese people might pronounce
> it as Makoto. ;)  In addition, this is a good opportunity for Gnus
> to drop non-Mule XEmacs 21.4 support.

(Not related to earlier threads. But posting for curiosity value)

Happened to stumble upon this a few minutes ago:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ma_%28negative_space%29

The pronunciation is "Ma" but it's written differently from the original
Ma. It goes something like: 間

It looks to me that the same letter is pronounced differently by
different cultures. A chinese, a korean, a japanese, a vietnamese hacker
looking at a MaGnus shirt may actually read different things.

Jambunathan K.