Re: valgrind warnings [Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint]

From: Ted Zlatanov
Subject: Re: valgrind warnings [Re: Emacs bzr memory footprint]
Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2011 11:08:27 -0400

On Fri, 28 Oct 2011 07:52:12 -0400 Dan Nicolaescu <address@hidden> wrote:
DN> On Fedora 15 with valgrind-3.6.1 it is possible to run

DN> valgrind ./temacs

I ran this and opened and closed a GnuTLS connection many times:

(open-gnutls-stream "tls" "tls-buffer" "imap.gmail.com" "imaps")

I did not see any errors printed when I did this, but on exit a lot of
information was printed that did not seem related (I could not analyze
it all, it was too much data and I don't know what to look for other
than "gnutls").  Is this enough to tell us there are no memory leaks in
the "open connection" part of the code?  I'll test sending and receiving
data if so.

Ted