Re: completion-list-mode-map

From: Christoph Scholtes
Subject: Re: completion-list-mode-map
Date: Sat, 03 Sep 2011 11:19:52 -0600

Sorry, I have been out of the loop for a while.

Chong, thanks for committing the patch.

On 8/21/2011 2:26 PM, Chong Yidong wrote:

This is going round in circles.  We know that quit-window and
quit-restore-window have different behaviors.  The statement we are
considering is whether all the users of quit-window would prefer the
behavior of quit-restore-window, in which case we should replace
quit-window with quit-restore-window.

If no one provides a good example, I'll go ahead and make the change.

Sounds good to me.

Almost always, when typing q in *help* mode (or a special-mode for that matter) I want to kill the buffer also. I wish quit-window's default behavior was kill instead of bury, with C-u q burying the buffer. z kills the buffer, but it doesn't delete the window and its frame.

Christoph