Re: Emacs 23 Mac port

From: Alp Aker
Subject: Re: Emacs 23 Mac port
Date: Sun, 7 Aug 2011 20:08:02 -0400

Jan Djärv <address@hidden> wrote:

> Osx 10.7 style fullscreen is easy to do, but we are in feature freeze. The
> fullscreen patch that has floated around has not been made suitable for
> inclusion in Emacs.  I guess fullscren in Mitsuharus port isn't easy to
> include because of different api:s.

The easy way to do fullscreen uses Cocoa methods that are only available for
10.6 or later (I'm assuming you're referring to the use of the "setStyleMask"
method for NSWindow).  It seems a little premature to give up on support for
10.4 and 10.5, not to mention giving up on GNUstep.  So if a fullscreen mode
were to implemented in GNU Emacs, it it probably worth it for the time being
to use a strategy like that "typester" patch that's been floating around, as
that doesn't have any version dependencies.

I've actually been working on this and was hoping to get it included as a
bug fix rather than a new feature.  Should I assume it's too late to get it
in 24.1?