Re: Compiled files without sources????

From: Lars Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: Compiled files without sources????
Date: Sun, 31 Jul 2011 20:06:06 +0200

> There are probably millions of copies in the wild, and in theory a
> for-profit distributor could be sued for statutory damages and
> subjected to criminal prosecution[1], and *that* is *no joke*.

I think this is, though.

Yes, "in theory" this could happen.  Many things can happen "in theory".
The likelihood of this happening is...  how should I put this...  not
great.

It was a minor boo-boo, and it's been fixed, so let's move on.  I'm sure
you have a ton of bug fixes ready to be applied to the Emacs sources,
right?