Re: fixed_gtk_widget_size_allocate is called a lot

From: Jan Djärv
Subject: Re: fixed_gtk_widget_size_allocate is called a lot
Date: Tue, 26 Jul 2011 17:11:30 +0200

Hi.

address@hidden skrev 2011-07-26 16:58:
I'm debugging some flicker when displaying a gtk socket in the xwidget
branch. Other widgets types don't flicker.

during debugging I find my local override
emacs_fixed_gtk_widget_size_allocate gets called a lot, like during
every redisplay or something. The flickering have the same sort of
frequency. Should gtk widgets allocation happen that often?

I guess so. You can break in it to see the call stack. Maybe there is some Emacs operation that trigger it that we can optimize.
But if the allocation is the same as previous, your widget should not do
anything.

        Jan D.