Re: gtk scroll bar: upstream bug report

From: grischka
Subject: Re: gtk scroll bar: upstream bug report
Date: Wed, 13 Jul 2011 13:30:17 +0200

The opinions of emacs developers are largely irrelevant - we can try
to argue the case and we can even disagree with their assessment, but
in the end we can only either accept it and move on and continue to
support a build based on GTK+ or reject it and drop support for it.
Anything else is largely irrelevant.

Tim

It adds to the irrelevance that apparently nobody ever tried the
suggested feature.  It was never proven that it would work well,
not even for emacs, AFAICS.

The GTK people, whatever their policy is, are surely GUI practitioners
Their estimate might be pretty accurate.  If you come to them without
anything to show off they might well conclude that the best thing they
can do is to protect you against doing something silly.

--- grischka