Re: bzr help, please

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: bzr help, please
Date: Mon, 04 Jul 2011 13:26:51 -0400

>>> Emacs hangs while doing the checkin.
>> Indeed, VC is still very poor.  I miss pcl-cvs.
> Is there any reason why VC has to wait (synchronously) for the answer
> from bzr when checking in?

Of course not.  But that's what the code currently does (and since the
code does various things at the end of the command, fixing it requires
splitting this "rest" into a part that will still be done at the end of
the command (e.g. bury the buffer) and another that will be deferred to
the process sentinel).  And since that's in the generic code, this
requires some care so as not to break other backends.

        Stefan