Re: Emacs and the Status Notification Specification

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Emacs and the Status Notification Specification
Date: Thu, 30 Jun 2011 20:18:28 -0400

    Regarding REL, it's not a bad name, but sounds a bit like RHEL, the
    RedHat Enterprise Linux distribution.  So it could be confusing.

RHEL is not mentioned terribly often in our discussions, and it is a
GNU/Linux distro, which is a very different kind of thing from a
library of Lisp packages.  I think the context will usually avoid
confusion.

Thus, this is a small flaw -- much smaller than the problem we are
trying to solve.  If our choice is GELPA or REL, we should definitely
use REL.

Or we could add "GNU" and make it GREL.  Is that better than REL?

REXL, suggested recently, is not bad.  Or GREXL?  GEXL?
Any of them would avoid this predictable confusion.

--
Dr Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation