Re: pop-to-buffer and friends new behavior or bug?

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: pop-to-buffer and friends new behavior or bug?
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 22:35:22 +0200

>> with last emacs from trunk:
>>
>> split window
>>
>> do e.g C-h f defun
>>
>> now i have 3 windows

Due to a downright silly default value of `display-buffer-alist', sorry.
(Actually, the default value is what I used personally to test all sorts
of strange cases.)  I'll fix that tomorrow.

> Modification of display-buffer-alist seem to fix the problem for
> pop-to-buffer

That's great.  I didn't expect anyone even to try to understand this.
Which values did you use?

> but not for code that use switch-to-buffer-other-window.

That's bad.  `switch-to-buffer-other-window' does call

(pop-to-buffer buffer 'other-window norecord)

so something in the processing of the 'other-window argument must have
gone wrong.  Please tell me your values and I shall try to repeat it.

Thanks for reporting, martin