Re: some bzrmerge.el questions

From: Glenn Morris
Subject: Re: some bzrmerge.el questions
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2011 22:04:24 -0500

I realize I am confused by "skipping". Naively, I thought skipping
would exclude the relevant revision entirely. However, a comment in
bzrmerge-apply says that it still merges the meta-data. I guess this
explains why revno: 99634.2.749 "!!!DO NOT MERGE TO THE TRUNK!!!" [1]
now shows up in `bzr log -n0' output on the trunk, even though I said
it should be skipped. Isn't it confusing to not merge the data, but
still merge the meta-data?

[1] A less hysterical "Do not merge to trunk" would have worked just
as well, BTW. (Though I admit I could have messed this up, because the
following commit changed the same code, but was not marked "do not
merge".)