Re: bug in 23.2.92 with anything

From: martin rudalics
Subject: Re: bug in 23.2.92 with anything
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2011 12:35:55 +0100

>> Could some one rename Fselect_window to something else, add a third
>> parameter to it and create a new Fselect_window that calls it (and let
>> Fset_window_configuration call the new function with the new param), so
>> as to get rid of this global var?
>
> This is what I intended to do (I thought it was pretty clear from the
> discussions that this is THE right solution), but I'm traveling now
> and will be back only a week from now.  If no one beats me to it, I
> will make this change.

I posted a patch along these lines - please tell me whether it is what
you had in mind.

I'm almost 100% convinced that it doesn't DTRT.  That parameter would
have to be passed on to Fselect_frame and from there back to
Fselect_window.  As I said earlier, the problem is that we temporarily
violate the invariant window_frame (selected_window) == selected_frame.
It's like having two routines for setting the character and byte
positions of point separately and calling a display routine in between.

martin