Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: DocView now supports OpenDocument & MS Office formats
Date: Mon, 03 Jan 2011 23:08:05 -0500

    Please take the opportunity to re-read my original post. Presumably,
    that which you earlier
    deemed sarcastic:

    ,----
    | > The "service" is Free Software
    |
    | Its LGPL free as in "Oracle"...
    |
    | Tune in for Episode 3 entitled "We are the Cloud, now get assimilated":
    | In which our benevolent dictator markets their branded version of
    | 'Oracle Open Office' under the moniker 'Oracle Cloud Office' complete
    | with PHB targeted hype-speak:

With all the sarcasm, I cannot derive any concrete meaning from that.

    |  "Oracle Cloud Office Web-scale architecture can be used for on-premise,
    |  on-demand, or software-as-a-service (SaaS) deployments."

That doesn't give much specifics, but seems to say that they will
support SaaS, but not only SaaS.

    > The issue is important because OpenOffice is important.

    OpenOffice is _not_ important. After all, its just branding for a bunch
    of LGPL'd code.

I am talking about the code, not the name.
Give me a break, ok?

--
Richard Stallman
President, Free Software Foundation