Re: emacs and touchscreen

From: joakim
Subject: Re: emacs and touchscreen
Date: Sun, 26 Dec 2010 09:26:48 +0100

"David O'Toole" <address@hidden> writes:

> I recently got an HP Touchsmart TM2 and decided to try emacs's
> existing Strokes mode gesture support with the touchscreen. It's
> great, please see the demo video I made:
>
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw8SQqmHPbI
>
> (John Sullivan pointed out that I should make this video available in
> WebM format, and I'll let you know when that's ready.)
>
> I used a wrapper function and some configurations to make strokes-mode
> behave better on a touchscreen, but a little more work is required.
> I'd like to submit a patch or two for strokes-mode at some point, and
> will keep you posted. I also don't have very many gestures defined---I
> would love to work with interested people on building a gestural
> command language.
>
> Here are the configs/gesture data I'm using.
>
> http://github.com/dto/emacs-gestures

I'm also interested in Emacs on tablets.

So far I have used grab-and-drag.el, which is very nice and I think
orthogonal to gestures.el.

Currently they dont work together very well. I think a "toggle grab and
drag" gesture would be workable.

there would be 2 states:
-  (grab-and-drag-mode 0), all gestures enabled
- (grab-and-drag-mode 1), only the toggle grab-and-drag gesture enabled.

BTW I have an old completion mode called "pocketcompletion.el" aimed at
tablets, I intend to publish at: https://github.com/jave any millenia
now...

--
Joakim Verona