Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102688: Minor clean up to silence some gcc war

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: /srv/bzr/emacs/trunk r102688: Minor clean up to silence some gcc warnings.
Date: Mon, 20 Dec 2010 13:08:09 -0500

>> I fail to see the relationship between ChangeLog changes and
>> bisecting.  In any case, the way forward is to stop using ChangeLog
>> files.
> I still find the ChangeLog rather useful.  Occasional extra verbiage in
> the bzr diffs and an extra minute's editing work when merging branches
> is not a large price to pay.

Agreed, which is why I'm not making any particular effort to get rid of
the ChangeLog files.  But I just point out that if someone wants to fix
those pesky ChangeLog diffs, (s)he should work towards getting rid of
the ChangeLog files rather than trying to impose some constraint on how
I edit them.

        Stefan