-rv on a tty

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: -rv on a tty
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 2010 20:35:50 +0200

Bug #5421 is a regression from Emacs 22, so I think it should be fixed
before releasing v23.3.

(This got even worse on the trunk, where -fg and -bg switches seem to
produce no effect on the initial frame, only on additional frames.
The -rv switch doesn't affect even the additional frames.)

I tried to figure this out, but failed to find the culprit before I
ran out of time.  It looks that we ought to DTRT, since we call
tty-handle-reverse-video in frame-notice-user-settings (which in turn
is called from startup.el after all the command-line switches were
processed), but for some reason that call doesn't have the effect on
the display, although the frame parameters are modified as expected.

Any ideas?