Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Set the version number in the texinfo manuals using configure
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 05:59:24 +0200

> Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2010 00:40:56 +0200
> From: martin rudalics <address@hidden>
>
> >> make   -C ../doc/misc info
> >> make[1]: Entering directory `C:/emacs/trunk/doc/misc'
> >> makeinfo --force -I./../emacs faq.texi
> >> makeinfo --force calc.texi
> >> calc.texi:10: @include `emacsver.texi': No such file or directory.
> >> make[1]: *** [../../info/calc] Error 1
> >
> > That's definitely an old makefile, from before the latest changes to
> > makefile.w32-in: the command for faq.texi includes the -I switch,
> > while the command for calc.texi does not.  Please show the full
> > doc/misc/makefile you have.  Also, please look into the doc/misc
> > directory and tell which files you have there that match the wildcard
> > "*make*" (e.g. "dir *make*" should show that).
>
> Didn't want to put them on emacs-devel.
>
> They are from October 25, 28, and 30 respectively.

Which one is from what date?

There's certainly some kind of problem, in that your makefile is not
updated.  It still says

    # The makeinfo program is part of the Texinfo distribution.
    MAKEINFO = makeinfo --force

while makefile.w32-in says

    # The makeinfo program is part of the Texinfo distribution.
    MAKEINFO = makeinfo --force -I$(emacsdir)

Either something in nt/configure.bat doesn't work, or you didn't run
it correctly.  Please remove the "@echo off" line from configure.bat
and see what happens around this part:

    copy /b config.settings+%MAKECMD%.defs+..\doc\misc\makefile.w32-in
..\doc\misc\makefile