Re: ns-win.el

From: Daniel Pittman
Subject: Re: ns-win.el
Date: Tue, 26 Oct 2010 18:32:22 +1100

Adrian Robert <address@hidden> writes:

>> I made ns load common-win.
>
> Thanks for tackling this.

[...]

>> 3. Why doesn't it define iso-lefttab in x-alternatives-map?
>
> I don't have any opinion on this, but there was a recent related bug thread:
> http://debbugs.gnu.org/cgi/bugreport.cgi?bug=6616 .  I don't know enough to
> say if this is just something appropriate under X11 or if NS should use
> iso-lefttab as well.

Er, FWIW I recently needed to start using Emacs 23.2 on a MacOS-X 10.6 machine
and ran into the utterly surprising behaviour that S-tab was translated to C-y
for me.  I ended up poking about, then doing a 'global-set-key' binding for
S-tab that did what I wanted, but ... yeah.

More or less the same issue, and I would strongly support getting rid of that
translation as a surprised end user.

Regards,
        Daniel
--