Re: `set-variable' should use :set

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: `set-variable' should use :set
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 2010 09:48:15 +0900

Miles Bader <address@hidden> writes:
>> However, it does not respect a defcustom :set.  I'm thinking that it should,
>> so
>> that using `set-variable' would indeed be a proper shortcut for setting an
>> option value.
>
> Sounds reasonable to me....

BTW, my vague impression is that `set-variable' is pretty lightly used,
maybe because it's not that much more convenient than just "M-: (setq..."

Making this change might make it a much more useful command...

-Miles

--
Conservative, n. A statesman enamored of existing evils, as opposed to a
Liberal, who wants to replace them with new ones.