Re: gnutls error handling

From: Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen
Subject: Re: gnutls error handling
Date: Sun, 17 Oct 2010 19:05:51 +0200

"Jan D." <address@hidden> writes:

> The question is why is Emacs reading fd 3?  It is not reported as
> ready by select, fd 8 and 10 are ready, but those aren't read.

Yeah, I wondered that, too.  fd 3 is the connection to the X server, so
it may perhaps be a red herring?  The select says that fd 10 has stuff,
but then it turns out that fd 10 is closed (?), so it isn't read anyway,
so the loop thinks this is a good time to see whether there's any X work
to be done?  I'm just guessing wildly here...

  address@hidden * Lars Magne Ingebrigtsen