RE: users and selection changes [was: Custom themes]

From: Drew Adams
Subject: RE: users and selection changes [was: Custom themes]
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2010 15:09:00 -0700

> > Yidong seems to have just said that that is impossible.
>
> My name is not Yidong.

Huh? No one said it is.  My mail was a reply to Yidong, who seemed to indicate
that this is impossible.  You then replied to my mail, indicating that we have
_already_ been told how to get back the previous behavior.

I mentioned that Yidong apparently thinks getting that behavior is not
(completely) possible.

And I stated that I do not see where we have already been told how to get back
the previous behavior.  Where "we" is Emacs users.  Where told means in the
NEWS/doc.

> > > The only leftover I know about is your complain about the need to
> > > customize mouse-drag-copy-region.
> >
> > You are inventing.
>
> Am I?  Then what's this about:
>
> > From bug #6956: In previous Emacs releases on X Window,
> > "Were users able to mouse-select and mouse-paste between
> > sessions without first copying to the kill ring" (i.e.
> > with nil `mouse-drag-copy-region')?  I don't know the
> > answer.  If yes, then that feature has apparently been lost

It's a question.  And a statement that if the answer is yes, then a feature has
been lost.

How do you interpret that as my complaining about my having to customize option
`mouse-drag-copy-region'?  I've been very clear that customizing that option to
t seems to do what I need.