Re: imagemagick support on W32

From: joakim
Subject: Re: imagemagick support on W32
Date: Fri, 01 Oct 2010 14:38:19 +0200

Christoph <address@hidden> writes:

> On 10/1/2010 5:36 AM, address@hidden wrote:
>
>> I'm not sure what the original question was, but I intended for
>> ImageMagick support to live alongside the other image loaders.
>
> OK.
>
>> ImageMagick support does not deactivate the other loaders. They all live
>> together. Of course there will then be situations when its not clear
>> which loader should be used, because there are several candidates
>> available. The ImageMagick loader can be configured so it does not try
>> to load particular image formats, with imagemagick-types-inhibit. Which
>> particular loader gets used in a particular case is not completely
>> obvious however. I've made no attempt to change loader priorities, and
>> Imagemagick usualy gets last shot at loading a format, so when jpeg
>> support is compiled in, and imagemagick support is compiled in, the jpeg
>> loader wins by default.
>
> What if jpeg support is compiled in, but the library is unavailable
> (dll missing). Does it also go on to ImageMagick (if their dll is
> availble instead)?

Im not really sure, but from reading image.c it seems that on non w32
plattforms the library stubs are just compiled in and called directly,
which means not having the library there would be runtime linkage error.

On w32 something different seems to happen, but no real effort seems to
be done to avoid errors if the desired library isnt there. I might be
wrong.

--
Joakim Verona