Re: replace matches in any string

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: replace matches in any string
Date: Thu, 02 Sep 2010 13:29:41 +0200

> I haven't heard any comments on this.  It's blocking a Gnus feature so
> I'd really like to get it done; the code is ready[1] so I simply need to
> know if this functionality should be in Emacs or only in Gnus.

I do not understand the feature you request.
Rather than code that supposedly implements the feature, try to post
examples of uses you'd like to see work.

I have the impression that what you want is already provided by
replace-match, tho only in the case when the match was performed on
a string rather than in a buffer.

        Stefan