Re: Window configurations

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: Window configurations
Date: Mon, 31 May 2010 21:12:33 +0200

On Mon, May 31, 2010 at 8:39 PM, Stefan Monnier
<address@hidden> wrote:

> The use of `point' for that has not brought many complaints over the
> many years it's been used.  Any reason to think it's a bad choice?

Could that be because people are using winpoint.el instead of
complaining. At least that is what I do.

But I really think Emacs should solve this internally by using
window-point instead of point. winpoint is nice but does not solve the
whole problem (and it may interfere badly with other code for window
configuration, perhaps).