Re: word-wrap (visual-line) and indents

From: Lennart Borgman
Subject: Re: word-wrap (visual-line) and indents
Date: Tue, 25 May 2010 19:36:37 +0200

On Tue, May 25, 2010 at 7:29 PM, David Reitter <address@hidden> wrote:
> On May 25, 2010, at 12:30 PM, Lennart Borgman wrote:
>

>> I have tried to implement this in `wrap-to-fill-column' (which is part
>> of nXhtml currently). Can you test it and see how it fits
>
> Can you give me a pointer to this?
> I have tried the master branch (24), in nxml-mode, and couldn't find a
> variable or function of this name.  I don't seem to have a nxhtml-mode.   Do
> you mean the latest release of nXhtml on ourcomments.org?

Check out nXhtml from Launchpad and just add a line

   (load "nxhtml/autostart.el")

Then you have the minor mode `wrap-to-fill-column-mode'.

However it does not try to make use of fill-context-prefix yet. It has
its own way to set things up. I hope we can change that later.

> Maybe if you split it out, that'd be easiest, because then I could see how
> this works in other modes.

wrap-to-fill-column-mode does two things

- Sets margin so that only fill-column columns is left for the text.
- Sets 'wrap-prefix on the lines that it thinks should be indented.

So I think for testing you can use it as it is.