Re: mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer broken in Emacs trunk

From: Katsumi Yamaoka
Subject: Re: mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer broken in Emacs trunk
Date: Wed, 12 May 2010 08:28:37 +0900

> with an current build of GNU Emacs from bzr I can not forward
> (gnus-summary-mail-forward) mail any more.

> The problem boils down to message-forward-make-body-mml calling
> mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer which in turn tries to set the read only
> variable enable-multibyte-characters.

[...]

The day before yesterday I just noticed the message forwarding
doesn't work, and fixed the code temporarily in Git and Bzr repos.

2010-05-10  Katsumi Yamaoka  <address@hidden>

        * message.el (message-forward-make-body-plain)
        (message-forward-make-body-mml):
        Don't use mm-with-unibyte-current-buffer.

But I have a plan to fix it further; that is to make the forwarding
codes assume that an original message to be forwarded is always
a multibyte string.  Actually an original message always comes from
only the " *Original Article*" buffer in which the multibyteness
is turned on, AFAIK.