Re: PATCH: Fix IDO interaction with uniquify.el

From: Juanma Barranquero
Subject: Re: PATCH: Fix IDO interaction with uniquify.el
Date: Wed, 5 May 2010 18:47:19 +0200

On Wed, May 5, 2010 at 14:40, Leo <address@hidden> wrote:

> I take the point. I have included a patch that fix the bug in a more
> general but still cleaner way. Please let me know if it works for you
> in both ido and iswitchb too. Thanks.

The ido part is not against the trunk. Could you please resend it?

As for iswitchb, I don't use it; that said, in my very informal and
brief test, yeah, it works as expected.

> This is put on hold until FSF received my paper. As soon as that
> happens John will push patches from his repo, one of which will also
> enable C-k to kill virtual buffers.

What does exactly mean "kill virtual buffers"? If you mean removing
them from the buffer list, are you going to maintain a separate list,
instead of regenerating it from recentf-list anew for each
ido-switch-buffer, or are you going to modify recentf-list?

As for the duplicate entries, have you implemented it without using
uniquify? That does not seem too hard, and it's definitely cleaner.

    Juanma