Re: Autoload from a web page?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Autoload from a web page?
Date: Wed, 30 Dec 2009 13:30:28 -0500

> The package manager should support multiple package repositories.
[...]
> 3. The FSF repository

> This would contain only packages that are of could quality and
> generally useful AND for which copyright assignments have been
> filled out.

For political reasons, we only want to support repositories where
the copyright is owned by the FSF.  We also may want to support or
notion of package quality, tho.  Also I find it important that multiple
versions of a package can coexist at the same time (within reasonable
feasability constraints: we don't need to handle multiple versions in
a single Emacs sessions).

        Stefan