Re: autoreverting remote files

From: Michael Albinus
Subject: Re: autoreverting remote files
Date: Sun, 26 Jul 2009 16:15:59 +0200

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

>> That would be an option. Another approach could be not to revert the
>> file, if the previous revert operation has not finished yet. This would
>> work without magical adaption of the interval.
>
> Or rather than revert every N seconds, we could simply wait N seconds
> between each revert.

Yes. I also would like to optimize autorevert. Today, it always reads
the whole file, which is bad for LARGE files. Just reading the last
lines would be OK for something like auto-revert-tail-mode.

Or even only applying tail -f (which does work already, if you select a
file in a dired buffer, and then apply "! tail -f * &").

>         Stefan

Best regards, Michael.