Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?

From: YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
Subject: Re: Changes 2009-07-15/16 in branch?
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 10:27:57 +0900

>>> I'd agree.

>> All these changes are straightforward removal of the codes for
>> features that are not found in other platforms, and nevertheless
>> not inherently NS-specific.  I didn't add any code to provide new
>> features at all.

> I know, but I think such changes so late in the pretest aren't a
> good idea.  Only critical bugs deserve to be fixed now.

I know.  But there are several peculiarities for the NS port.

  * The upcoming version is the first official one for the NS port.
    "First" means there's no previous one to care about compatibility.
    If we defer these changes to the next version (say 23.2), then
    compatibility problems occur between 23.1 and 23.2.
  * I've warned these incompatibilities several times hoping that the
    author himself fixes them.  I don't understand why he wants to
    break compatibility by keeping them.

And I don't think there's justification to keep the features I
removed.  Of course, there are plenty of them to remove.

                                     YAMAMOTO Mitsuharu
                                address@hidden