Re: djvu image file format in emacs?

From: Miles Bader
Subject: Re: djvu image file format in emacs?
Date: Thu, 23 Jul 2009 20:26:29 +0900

Tassilo Horn <address@hidden> writes:
> AFAIK, SXEmacs uses libWand only for all image stuff and dropped the
> image format specific code.  Maybe that's a good approach, but of course
> then you need to have ImageMagick then to get any image support...

In theory, though all the multi-purpose image libraries I've looked at
have been pretty crappy, so my tendency is to be skeptical (dunno about
libmagicwand in particular, tho imagemagick generally seems to tend in
the "giant bloated mess" direction).

If there's something out there which really is smallish, very portable,
and very flexible, it might be a good thing to look into.

I'm not sure how much of Emacs image code could be gotten rid of though
-- much of the image code in emacs is actually for supporting
emacs-specific features, not the basic loading/saving.

-Miles

--
I'd rather be consing.