Re: select-active-regions

From: David De La Harpe Golden
Subject: Re: select-active-regions
Date: Sat, 18 Jul 2009 14:47:07 +0100

David De La Harpe Golden wrote:

Apologies. Chong Yidong had already had to point out to me that it broke w32, but w32 was already internally faking a primary: In general, enabling select-active-regions at all on platforms that don't have a true primary selection may not make an immense amount of sense, but if they're internally emulating as w32 was it does make some sense.

argh. every instance of w32 above should read "w32 emacs" for clarity.

"
Apologies.  Chong Yidong had already had to point out to me that it
broke w32 emacs, but w32 emacs was already internally faking a primary:

In general, enabling select-active-regions at all on platforms that
don't have a true primary selection may not make an immense amount of
sense, but if they're internally emulating as w32 emacs was it does make some sense.
"