Re: Sending attachments

From: Richard Stallman
Subject: Re: Sending attachments
Date: Mon, 06 Jul 2009 11:05:25 -0400

      1. Proper handling of non-ascii text. For instance:

          a. Proper encoding of non-ascii headers (using "=?" notation)
          b. Ability to use other transfer encodings besides 8-bit
          c. Ability to automatically choose different character encodings
             depending on the language/context/whatever (e.g., for many
             cases, the "standard" isn't utf-8).

      2. Ability to have both text and binary attachments (both are very
         important), and that these work together with the language support
         in part (1).

The features I would like to see are probably a subset of this.  I am
not sure it needs to be as automatic and complete as this would have
it.

Etach seems to do the job that I want done.