Re: Functions in kill-emacs-hook aren't run if emacs gets killed with SI

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Functions in kill-emacs-hook aren't run if emacs gets killed with SIGTERM
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:14:30 +0200

> Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 15:16:42 +0100
> From: grischka <address@hidden>
> CC: address@hidden
>
> >> Btw, with SIGINT emacs (GTK) quits like this
> >>    Fatal Error (6)Abort
> >> Is this a bug?
> >
> > If that's the result of "kill -INT" from the shell prompt, then Emacs
> > should shut down.  Sounds like somewhere along the shutdown procedure
> > it hits a call to `abort'.  A backtrace would help.
> >

> Happens when pressing Ctrl-C after starting emacs at a xterm prompt.

Pressing Ctrl-C where?  Emacs redefines SIGINT so that it is produced
by C-g, not by C-c (because the latter is used in many key sequences),
so I presume you don't mean typing Ctrl-C into the Emacs window.  But
then where did you type it?

Also, by "starting emacs at a xterm prompt", do you mean "emacs -nw"
or do you mean a GUI session started at the shell prompt?

> IIRC to reproduce it it suffices to call 'pp' in a kill-emacs-hook.

You mean, call 'pp' in a kill-emacs-hook and _then_ deliver a SIGINT?
Or do you mean that having `pp' called from kill-emacs-hook will cause
the abort even if Emacs is shut down normally, via "C-c C-c"?

> "prj-print-list" (0xbfa56bd0)
> "progn" (0xbfa56d10)
> "if" (0xbfa56d90)
> "when" (0xbfa56e10)