Problem with flyspell?

From: Angelo Graziosi
Subject: Problem with flyspell?
Date: Mon, 19 Jan 2009 17:49:07 +0100

They are a few months I am working on several tex files on which I have
enabled flyspell-mode. These file have always been flyspelled correctly
using the italian dictionary without I choose it explicitly (I think
this happens because I have $LANG == it)

I do weekly build of Emacs trunk on Cygwin and the above behaviour has
been conserved since many months. Also with the build I did on Jan 12
2009. (This pushed me to make the following theory: flyspell-mode 'see'
the 'LANG' env. var. and sets the default dict. accordingly. Right?)

The build of few minutes ago has changed this (or my conjecture was
false): now all my files are spelled with english dictionary even if
Emacs says that (getenv "LANG") is 'it'!

I have to set explicitly the 'it' dictionary.

Is this new behaviour to be expected? or something changed between
20090112 and today 20090119 ?

Oops..., in the lisp/changelog I see:

2009-01-16 Agustín Martín <address@hidden>

* textmodes/flyspell.el (flyspell-post-command-hook): Do nothing
unless flyspell-mode is enabled.
(flyspell-pre-point): Make buffer-local.

Is it the cause?

Cheers,
   Angelo.