Re: gensym - a schizofrenic case?

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: gensym - a schizofrenic case?
Date: Tue, 30 Dec 2008 14:57:47 -0500

>> From byte-compiling I get
>   ert2.el:133:21:Warning: Function `gensym' from cl package called at runtime

> In cl.el I see that the function is autoloaded. Is it supposed to be
> used? When? How?

My guess is that it's present in the macro-expanded code.  It's not
quite autoloaded (the autoload cookie only means that it'll be
autoloaded if you've done (require 'cl) before).

Try to figure out which macro-call causes the above problem, we may want
to fix the macro so as to use make-symbol instead.

        Stefan