Release update

From: Chong Yidong
Subject: Release update
Date: Mon, 22 Dec 2008 09:32:53 -0500

A quick note about the release.  Currently, the main thing we are
waiting for before we can begin the pretest is a copyright assignment
from one of the previous contributors to the Nextstep port (he seems to
have gone incommunicado, but we are trying to get back in contact with
him).

The pmail/rmail-mbox code will not be included in the Emacs 23.1
release.  However, I encourage everyone to test the code if possible,
because it will probably replace rmail in CVS as soon as 23.1 is
released.

In the meantime, let's continue fixing the open bugs.  Thanks.