Re: Undo-limit default

From: Stefan Monnier
Subject: Re: Undo-limit default
Date: Mon, 08 Dec 2008 14:59:18 -0500

>     - Why use an alist rather than a list.
> I think Joe Arceneaux did it that way just to have parallel calling
> conventions for several functions.

I meant in the new code, not in remove-text-properties.

> It would be possible to implement `remove-list-of-text-properties' by
> consing up an alist and calling `remove-text-properties', but that
> would be wasteful consing.  The inverse would also be wasteful
> consing.

The current duplication of code (worse yet: it's not actually identical)
is a problem.  I'd rather have some extra consing (and just mark the
consing one as obsolete).  And I'm pretty sure we can also remove the
duplication without adding extra consing.

        Stefan