Re: hash-table-{to, from}-alist

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: hash-table-{to, from}-alist
Date: Wed, 03 Dec 2008 01:54:44 +0900

Ted Zlatanov writes:

 > OK, that makes sense.  I checked the source and I think the relevant GNU
 > Emacs variables are eval-expression-print-length and print-length, which
 > it affects.  They control how many vector/bitvector elements are
 > printed.  Would it work to say:

Well, that's not really for me to say.  I can advise you on the basis
of XEmacs experience and the rationales I've heard from the people who
wrote the code, but whether that makes sense/is to the taste of Emacs
users is something that ultimately Stefan and Yidong have to judge.

If you haven't heard something *convincing* to you by now, I think you
should take the easy way out, and just print everything until somebody
complains.  That's what you personally need anyway, right?

IOW, I think at this point we're discussing the color of the trim on
the bikeshed.... :-)