Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/bookmark.el,v

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: [Emacs-diffs] Changes to emacs/lisp/bookmark.el,v
Date: Wed, 26 Nov 2008 11:17:46 +0900

Eli Zaretskii writes:

 > > Anyway, the idea is to show only entries related to the current file,
 > > that is in the above example, just show
 > >
 > > 2008-10-11  Romain Francoise  <address@hidden>
 > >
 > >    * kmacro.el (kmacro-edit-lossage): Fix docstring, lossage is now 300
 > > keys.
 >
 > Yes, that's what I want.  I hope you won't find this too hard to
 > implement, what with all the possible variations of this ``style'' of
 > log entries.

If that's implementable, it shouldn't be too hard to refine to the
parenthesized objects.  Don't kill yourself, but XEmacs has a fair
number of 1000-line ChangeLogs from Ben Wing making that level of
refinement useful.

(For me it's not urgent since I use isearch in the ChangeLog at the
function level anyway, and I'm sure by the time I can change my habits
it will be implemented. ;-)