Re: org changes lost

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: org changes lost
Date: Tue, 25 Nov 2008 18:11:19 +0100

Stefan Monnier <address@hidden> writes:

> IIUC emacs-diffs should now be a superset of emacs-commit, so
> emacs-commit should not be necessary.

Okay, I'm just forwarding emacs-diffs.

>> I've not done this for all Emacs projects so far, partly because the
>> MAINTAINERS file might not be 100% accurate,
>
> It's OK if it's not accurate: that will hopefully prompt people to make
> it more accurate.  But the main source of such info is in the header of
> each Elisp file (look for ";; Author:" or ";; Maintainer: " in the
> section between the first line and the ";;; Commentary").  Look at
> lisp-mnt.el for some utility functions that can find that field for you.

I understand the setup you have in mind, but I don't I don't feel
comfortable in automatically forwarding emails to people I don't know.

I suggest we first send an email to all the maintainers asking them if
they want such a reminder for themselves.  Maybe most of them already
filter through [emacs-diffs] and don't need additional forwards.  And
maybe encouraging *every* Emacs developer to only stay focused on his
own piece of code will is not a good thing to do.

Thoughts?

--
 Bastien