Re: hash-table-{to, from}-alist

From: Stephen J. Turnbull
Subject: Re: hash-table-{to, from}-alist
Date: Sun, 23 Nov 2008 02:38:59 +0900

address@hidden writes:

 > >  > On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 10:18:41PM -0500, Stefan Monnier wrote:
 > >  > [...]
 > >  > > I was thinking of something more like #<hash-table ...> where
 > >  > > "..."

BTW, it turns out that in XEmacs and its descendants prin1 uses the CL
structure syntax when `print-readably' is bound to t:

    #s(hash-table size 1 data (x x-value))

This is not guaranteed to actually be acceptable to the reader, since
some contained objects may not be printable (eg, improper lists).
However, since most types in XEmacs do have readable print
representations, it does correctly recurse on composite types like
hash tables (as long as the expression is a tree; DAGs will contain
copies, cycles will be elided, etc).