Re: rendering on gnu/linux

From: dhruva
Subject: Re: rendering on gnu/linux
Date: Tue, 18 Nov 2008 08:14:50 +0530

Hi,

On Tue, Nov 18, 2008 at 12:13 AM, Chong Yidong <address@hidden> wrote:
> dhruva <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> A simple way to reproduce:
>> 1. Run vanilla emacs in window mode on GNU/Linux
>> 2. Open some 'C' file with font-lock enabled
>> 3. Keep pressing C-l repeatedly, you will see lines appearing and
>> disappearing randomly.
>
> C-l is now bound to recenter-top-bottom instead of recenter.  Maybe this
> is what you're seeing?

I am aware of the recenter functionality, the recenter happens and in
the redisplay, I see some lines or partial lines missing. When I
scroll a screen full which I presume will trigger a redisplay, it gets
redrawn properly to show the complete contents.

I am using Nvdia driver, IBM Thinkpad 61 series with display on an
external lenovo flat LCD monitor. The rest being Ubuntu 8.10 pristine
installation.

-dhruva

--
Contents reflect my personal views only!